Monday, January 26, 2009

25 Things About Me

1. I love Congressman Ron Paul. I know he's a little crazy. I know he's full of conspiracy theories. He's also an expert in economics. At the end of every fiscal year, the man manages to RETURN some of his budgeted money. He also refuses the Congressional pension plan. He's an OB in Texas, and has delivered thousands of babies. He takes a very strict stand on the duties of the Legislative branch of government-- he's known as Dr. NO.

2. I was brought up a very strict, very conservative Baptist Republican. I'm now a fairly moderate Catholic Libertarian. I generally don't like to argue politics or religion. However, if you ask for my input (and aren't trying to pick a fight), I will give it.

3. I believe that we are all spiritual beings and people of faith, whether our faith lies in the same place or not. It is my duty as a fellow human being to love and respect you.

4. For some reason, younger girls ask me for advice about relationships... I guess it's because I'm in love and married. But the truth is, I have had pretty limited experience. I usually tell them, "I've had a 50% rate of success. You should probably ask somebody else." Also, "Keep your clothes on."

5. I am a new mother, and I can't believe how much I love it! I struggled a lot with depression during a great deal of my pregnancy. Now I am thrilled to be able to stay home with my beautiful little Samwise. Although... sometimes I'm not sure of what to do with him between naps and feedings...

6. I am OBSESSED with Lord of the Rings and The Silmarillion. I make it a goal to read them both at least once every year. I copy down passages that I really like in a little notebook that I have... almost like some people do with the Bible. In fact, my roommates at Bob Jones University used to call Lord of the Rings my "other Bible."

7. And speaking of Bob Jones University... yes. I went there and managed to not get expelled, although I was socialled once. I think it's a wonderful school. The education and arts programs (oh, the operas they put on!!) were fantastic. The facilities were great. The faculty was kind and caring. The students were Stepford-esquely polite and polished. The grounds were gorgeous. I'm not ashamed to call it my alma mater, and I'm proud of the work they are doing to catch up with the times. My three years there were golden. But I'm glad to be done.

8. My alcohol experiences have been fairly tame. I had my first alcoholic beverage when I turned 21. It was a Mudslide milkshake at Applebee's. The first time I got drunk, I was 24. It was a bottle of Alice White Lexia wine. I had very kind friends who laughed at me. There was no vomiting.

9. My tuba's name is Sophocles.

10. I'm sure this will feel like TMI for some. My husband and I were virgins when we married.

11. HGTV and I are soul mates. Seriously. I love all things crafty, and I enjoy decorating my home.

12. I'm a pretty quick reader. I can read the average paperback fiction book in about 3 hours.

13. I have a culinary degree, and I'm not afraid to use it... to bribe people.

14. I love trying new recipes-- entrees, baking, drinks, you name it!

15. Battlestar Galactica.

16. I'm half Korean. Surprise!

17. Sigourney Weaver and I were separated at birth.

18. I love music. I think it is one of the greatest gifts of life. If music did not exsist, life would not be worth living. I like something from pretty much every genre.

19. My friends are my family. If I love you, I will bend over backwards to help you. If you hurt somebody I love... watch your back. And your front. And your car...

20. I usually totally ignore these things. And if you do, I won't blame you in the least bit. I also usually ignore the emails that end with "If you're really a Christian, you will forward this to everybody you know," etc.

21. My sister is in law school in San Diego, and I am super proud of her. She's pretty much my best friend and knows things about me that I would never ever tell anybody else. I always know that she will never judge me for my choices, thoughts, or actions.

22. I fell in love with my husband almost as soon as I met him. We got engaged after 3 months of dating, and got married 8 months after that. A LOT of my friends were really concerned that it moved so quickly, but they stood by me anyway.

23. I have one female Hollywood crush-- Katee Sackhoff aka Kara Thrace aka Starbuck.

24. Bargain shopping is my favorite. I love to buy something on clearance, used, or at places like TJMaxx, and then compare the price I paid to the original MSRP. Example: I bought Samuel a BRAND NEW Fisher Price swing at Goodwill last week. I paid $50 for it. It retailed at $140.

25. I spend waaaaay too much time on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment